How about a #NewYearResolution in 2019 to help your domestic staff (maid, driver, cook, safaiwala) get a Health Insurance cover of 5 Lakh rupees?
The Government of India launched #AyushmanBharath #PM-JAY (Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana) in 2018 – the world’s largest government funded health insurance scheme to reduce the financial burden of the poor and deprived families. Every year about 63 million people in India are forced into BPL category (below the poverty line) due to a health catastrophe – ie roughly 7% of India’s population
What does the Health Insurance cover?
- Health Insurance cover of upto INR 5,00,000 per family per year
- Covers secondary & tertiary care hospitalization
- About 1350 medical packages covering surgery, medical & day care procedures, cost of medicines & lab tests
- All pre-existing diseases covered
- Cashless & paperless access
- Covers pre & post hospitalization expenses
- Zero premium or the beneficiaries DO NOT have to pay any charges for hospitalization expenses
5 STEPS – How can you help your domestic staff to get the above benefit/cover of INR 5 Lakh for their family?
- Call 14555 or 1800111565 24*7 Free Helpline or login here to check https://mera.pmjay.gov.in/search/login
- Check if your domestic staff name, mobile contact number is part of the scheme. NOTE: There is no enrollment required for the scheme. As per the 2011 SECC (Socio-economic caste census)
- A list of eligible deprived rural families & occupational categories of urban workers families is shared with respective state governments
- An OTP is sent to the registered beneficiary
- The registered beneficiary has to visit the nearest empanelled Hospital (all government hospitals) and contact the Arogya Mitra or Ayushman Mitra (customer service helpdesk) – who will check the documents (ration card, aadhar card) to verify eligibility
As of 4th Jan 2019, E-cards for PM-JAY were issued to 45,11,770 beneficiaries and 16,227 Hospitals empanelled. What does this imply? Out of the 10 Crore intended beneficiaries of the PM-JAY scheme – there are still 9.5 Crore families who are probably not aware of the scheme or DO NOT know how to register / avail benefits of the scheme. It may be one of your domestic staff on the above pending 9.5 Crore beneficiary list – why not take some 30 min of your busy life to proactively help save a domestic staff from going below the poverty line due to a health episode?
#AyushmanBharath #HealthInsurance #PMJAY #DomesticStaff #NewYearResolution